Thursday, November 17, 2005

NameSake by Jhumpa Lahiri

The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahairi

I liked this book a lot, but I read it sometime back. I need to read it again to write more comments on this book.

This is my favourite quote from the book:

"In spite of the fact that there is nothing in particular to do, the days assume a pattern. There is a certain stringency to life, a willful doing without" ...jhumpa lahiri in "The NameSake".

However, I use a more generalized signature along the same line:

"In spite of the fact that there is nothing in particular to do in life, the life assumes a pattern".....

This quotation reminds me of another famous work "Diba Ratrir Kabyo" by Manik Bandyopadhyay.

...more later...

1 comment:

som said...

I will do that one day...so much to do, so less time...