Saturday, January 14, 2006

Westland by T.S.Eliot

I started reading this book in the very begining of 2006 as part of my new year resolution that I must read very solid writings now on! There is lot of garbage in the market, I feel tired after reading such books! The problem is one must try to read books of new authros to look for new findings; but in that process one must read lots of garbage. This is a big challenge to me: to find out books which are really challenging, challenge human intellectual. One just can't depend on references by other people, can't depend on prize winners, can't depend on many things...this makes it harder and harder to select right set of books. I am working on this continously: "how to select an exciting book, an exciting writing"...not just the regular once, not just the one following rules and regulations, right grammer and syntaxt, but there is heart in it.

So, I didn't take a risk in the begining of 2006! I selected Westland.
Westland by Eliot is no doubt one such book. I am still not done with the book since I am all over these beautiful lines all the time:

"He who was living in now dead
We who were living are now dying
With a little patience"

I am into these lines now...this makes me feel good...face the reality in true sense.....more later...

No comments: